Tired of the price of dishwasher tablets lately? Me too. I decided to try to make my own and it worked really well! Making your own also saves you quite a bit of money. All of the ingredients can be purchased at your local grocery store or Walmart and costs you roughly $10. This recipe roughly makes 18-20 cubes depending on your ice cube tray size and you can easily double it to make more in one sitting.
What you need:
- 1 cup of Borax
- 1 cup of Washing Soda
- 1 cup of Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice Concentrate
- 1 measuring cup or mixing bowl (preferably one with a pour spout)
- 2 ice cube trays
- Pour the washing soda and borax into the measuring cup (or whatever you desire to mix the ingredients in). Mix appropriately.
- Stir in the vinegar and lemon juice concentrate slowly. A reaction will occur so wait until the foam dies down before adding more.
- Make sure you mix all the ingredients and scrape the bottom of the container in case there was any powders stuck.
- Pour into the ice cube trays. This is where having a container with a pour spout comes in handy.
- Wait overnight for the cubes to harden. Pop them out onto some wax paper,
- Store in an airtight container and use one per load.
The results please me because it leaves my dishes nice and clean without any sort of film! It took me roughly 30 minutes to make so it didn’t consume a lot of my time either.
Have any DIYs you want me to try or any suggestions? Comment below!